Pressure Switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Dillow

Reaction score
I have a Square D pressure switch on 2 joined 81 Gallon pressure tanks . Is there a way to reduce the
20 PSI cut in / cut out range ? I would like it to be 10 PSI

Reach4

Reaction score
You cannot reduce it to 10 psi with that pressure switch. The best you can do is to loosen the nut on the small spring so there is no compression of the spring. Maybe that gets you to 18 psi? Let us know.

WaterWorker WWDPC is one electronic pressure switch that can go to 10 psi deadband, and https://cyclestopvalves.com/products/electronic-pressure-switch-1 is another. I think electronic ones are more prone to failure. I think you could put an electronic and mechanical switch in series as a fail-safe.

Last edited:

Mike Dillow

Reaction score
You cannot reduce it to 10 psi with that pressure switch. The best you can do is to loosen the nut on the small spring so there is no compression of the spring. Maybe that gets you to 18 psi? Let us know.

WaterWorker WWDPC is one electronic pressure switch that can go to 10 psi deadband, and https://cyclestopvalves.com/products/electronic-pressure-switch-1 is another. I think electronic ones are more prone to failure. I think you could put an electronic and mechanical switch in series as a fail-safe.

Thankyou. Just as I thought. I am trying to figure out in my mind , a way of using 2- square D,s alongside of each other ,

Reach4

Reaction score
Thankyou. Just as I thought. I am trying to figure out in my mind , a way of using 2- square D,s alongside of each other ,
You cannot do that to achieve a 10 psi on/off differential.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
...and https://cyclestopvalves.com/products/electronic-pressure-switch-1 is another. I think electronic ones are more prone to failure. I think you could put an electronic and mechanical switch in series as a fail-safe.
I just purchased two new replacements for my very early built unit that lasted 8 years with my very bad water. It lasted longer than the Square D that it replaced so I'm not sure where you drew the conclusion they are more prone to failure.

I have since changed where I take the pressure sense from. As I have a hydro-pneumatic tank, I am now sensing the air pressure at the top of the tank rather that subject it to the horrible water. I figure it will last longer than I will but I got a spare just in case I live longer than expected.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks