pressure switch wiring please help

Users who are viewing this thread

brenjake

Reaction score
Hello I am trying to figure out how to wire a grundfos pump to the pressure switch. I have a 220 circuit red black and white with ground. The grundfos has three black wires and a green/yellow wire {ground?] Can you tell me what wire goes where? I have a square -D pressure switch mounted . I assume that the high voltage is the 220v diagram and the jumper bars DSCN0824.jpgDSCN0826.jpg are in place as per diagram. So from the pump the L1 which is U1 on the diagram goes to L1 on the pressure switch ? And the L2 from the pump whish is V1 goes to the L2 on the pressure switch? Where does the L3 orW1 from the pump go to? Thanks for any help. Any kind of schematic would be a great help.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You have a 3-wire pump, it must be connected to a control box which is matched to the pump motor. On a 3-wire pump the pressure switch and the pump are wired through the control box.

Only a two-wire pump can be wired directly to a pressure switch.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
But if you have three blacks coming out of the well, you have some careful ohmmeter work to do in order decipher what wire is which.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks