Pressure Switch Range Wont' Adjust

Users who are viewing this thread

jacob542

Reaction score
We recently bought our home and have been having issues with the well. The water softener and pressure tank were just replaced. When I was shopping for a pressure tank I realized that my cutoff pressure of 70psi was high. After further investigation I noticed the pressure cut on was at about 58psi. I attempted to adjust the pressure switch but I was unable to reduce the cut-on pressure to 30/50 psi as recommended by the pump manufacturer. The pressure switch started chattering and the cut-on pressure limited out at 45psi. Even after increasing the cut-on pressure I continued to have problems with the pressure switch chattering so today I replace the switch. Same problem! The brand new 30/50 switch is operating at 58/70! I checked the pilot tube from the pressure switch to the discharge side of the pump, clean and clear... If anyone has an idea to get control of my pressure I would be very grateful. This has been a huge headache and after a couple of hours of searching these threads I couldn't find a similar situation. Thanks!

jacob542

Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to mention the gauge was just replaced with the water softener and pressure tank. The pressure tank is set at 28 psi and I want to drop the cut-on pressure to 30psi but the pump isn't responding much to pressure switch adjustments.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Does the pressure switch have two springs and two adjusters? If so, the small one adjusts only the high side and the big one adjusts the low and to some degree, the high. Where is it mounted, on a tank Tee?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks