Pressure Switch Question

Users who are viewing this thread

dbolong

Reaction score
Would changing my pressure from a 20/40 to a 30/50 be hard on my pump? I'm not sure if its completely necessary, however I would love to do it if it's not going to hurt anything or cut the life of my pump in half.

My pump-
Northern Industrial Shallow Well Pump Max PSI 72 — 1 HPNorthern Industrial Shallow Well Pump — 1 HP, Model# JGP12001CHT | Shallow Well Pumps | Northern Tool + Equipment

Thanks!

Derrick

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The part missing from the equation is how high the pump has to lift the water. The Max PSI of 72 is probably with the pump down at the water table. Frequent cycling is more likely to kill the pump than longer cycles. I assume the varying low to high cut-in/cut-out pressure is what you find most irritating and a Cycle Stop Valve would give you constant pressure and reduce the cycling.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks