Pressure switch problem??

Users who are viewing this thread

Marster

Reaction score
Hi there.

I have a Goulds 1hp swallow well pump. My holding tank is from Lowes ( dont know brand) Anyhow, my pressure was set at 18 in the tank and pressure switch was set at 20/40. Everything was fine then all of a sudden when the pressure switch was called to kick on, it hestitated for about 10 seconds. This problem got worse very quickly. Wrnt from 10 seconds to about 30 and now I have no water. I can force the points ( amature) together to get water but that's not right.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Going to drain pressure tank today and check pressure. Pressure tank is fairly new. App 2 yrs old. It's not water logged but if the pressure isnt right could it casue this problem?

I have a new pressure switch, but not sure how to install and what all i need to drain in order to install. Please help!!! or advise on anything I may be over looking.

Pumpman

Pump Sales
Reaction score
Make sure the line from the pump head to the pressure switch isn't plugged up. Goulds pumps seem to do this pretty often.
Turn the pump off, drain the system, and remove the 1/4" line. Take a piece of wire and run it through the fitting on the pump head. This should clear any debris out of the way. Make sure the hose isn't plugged up, too.
You'll lose prime when you do this, so be sure to fill the pump and suction line up before you run the pump.
Ron

Marster

Reaction score
Pressure switch problem

Pumpman

Thanks for the advice. You were correct. The line was open but where the line screwed into the pump head was clogged. I cleaned this out best I could, put it back together and works like a charm! :)
I didnt have to prime.

Thanks again!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks