pressure problems

Users who are viewing this thread

aboydnohio

Reaction score
Hello, I should preface this question by saying my knowledge of wells is very low. I have a wellxtrol pump which approximately 5 years old. It was purchased and installed just before we purchased the home. Recently, while using water, our water pressure basically disappears to that of a small dribble of water. This will continue for a few minuttes, then the pump will kick on, and the pressure is fine.....until the pumps slows again......as long as the water is on....a shower, doing dishes, whatever........Can someone help??

Speedbump

Reaction score
Your calling a tank a pump, so I'm not sure we are going to be able to talk you through this one.

It sounds like you may have filtration that could be getting plugged up. Or it could be the tubing feeding the pressure switch is plugged enough that it isn't letting the switch sense the drop in pressure like it should. That would also explain the pressure going to a drizzle then becoming fine after the pump starts.

bob...

aboydnohio

Reaction score
My apologies. As I stated, my knowledge isnt much. The new pump was installed just before we purchased the home. The tank is a wellxtrol. I was told by someone that somewhere there is a control that can increase the water pressure. I've not found it. Nor do I understand how the pressure that worked fine for the 5 to 6 years that we've lived here suddenly needs adjustment.....Sounds like something's wrong. Open to any help anyone can give....thanks

Speedbump

Reaction score
The thing you can't find is a pressure switch. Usually a little grey box 2.5" X 4" or so. It has a double set of points in it and one or two adjustment springs. I wouldn't mess with those. The tube below the switch; the one that goes to the plumbing somewhere to sense the pressure may be plugged up at either end. If you want to tackle that one, turn off the pump electrically, drain all the pressure from a faucet closest to the switch, then undo both ends. Check the fittings to be sure you can see through them and the holes they screw into. Make sure those holes are open. If not, push a screw driver through it.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks