Pressure Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Martin Bacher

Reaction score
I have a WellTrol 202 pressure tank that's about 15 years old. All of a sudden this week, we noticed a pressure drop if there is more than one demand on the tank...i.e., washing machine filling, pressure at kitchen sink drops dramatically.
With no demand on the tank, the pressure read 32psi. Suggestions are appreciated very much.
Thanks in Advance
Mart

Reach4

Reaction score
Could be a clogged filter. Could be something else. Try measuring the pressure before and after the filter.

When watching the pressure, you want to take more than one pressure reading. Watch what happens during a whole pump cycle. How long does the pump run? How does the pressure vary as the pump runs?

Martin Bacher

Reaction score
Could be a clogged filter. Could be something else. Try measuring the pressure before and after the filter.

When watching the pressure, you want to take more than one pressure reading. Watch what happens during a whole pump cycle. How long does the pump run? How does the pressure vary as the pump runs?
OK...do I ever feel like an idiot. It was the filter. Didn't seem to be that dirty at all, but a new element solved the problem. Thanks again for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks