Pressure loop for body sprays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Erico

Reaction score
I'm working with a 3/4 Grohe thermostatic rough-in going to 3/4 volume control rough-ins.

Question: Should I reduce down to 1/2 inch copper prior to the pressure loop OR should I build the loop in 3/4 copper and reduce at the "Ts".

Is there any advantage to using 3/4 closer to the end fixtures?

Thanks

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Question: Should I reduce down to 1/2 inch copper prior to the pressure loop OR should I build the loop in 3/4 copper and reduce at the "Ts".

The last one that I did, i reduced to 1/2" at the T's. I had 3 body sprays. More volume before the heads should give you a more even flow through each head

Erico

Reaction score
Thanks

The last one that I did, i reduced to 1/2" at the T's. I had 3 body sprays. More volume before the heads should give you a more even flow through each head

That's what I will do. I will have 3 body sprays as well.

Does it matter where I "T" IN to the loop? I can't think of a way to make the connection in equidistant to ALL three sprays.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
That's what I will do. I will have 3 body sprays as well.

Does it matter where I "T" IN to the loop? I can't think of a way to make the connection in equidistant to ALL three sprays.

Having the heads equadistant is the ideal set up. Having the inlet side to the loop on centre may not matter as much , but it would guarantee an even distribution of water through the loop

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heads

Where are they positioned? If one above the other, I connect at the center one. ANY pressure imbalance would be insignificant, because the heads will ensure adequate residual pressure.

Erico

Reaction score
Yes. Three stacked vertically. I will enter midway on the side. I didn't know if I needed to offset so I didn't have a straight shot at the middle fixture. Like you said, I imagine the difference is insignificant but I wanted to "do it right"

Thanks!!

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Here is a quick sketch of having things on centre and equadistant. Makes for a neat job

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 3,225

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
you can tie into the loop anywhere, the loop itself will ensure you have equal pressure to the heads. The size of the pipe from the volume controlto the loop is deturmined by the volume requirements of the body sprays. most are low volume so 1/2 would work fine, but if you have 3/4 inch v/c you may as well bring 3/4 to the loop and bullhead it there. If the sprays arn't located adjacent to the valves then you should probrobly use 3/4 to the loop.

Have done many never had any problems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks