Pressure issues for irrigation system off a well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Theeokie

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 1 acre market garden on land that I've rented. The water supply for my plot comes from a well that 3oish feet lower in elevation and maybe 400'+ feet away. As far as I can tell the main line up to my area in 3/4" poly the whole way (its very convoluted what the actual path is and has been scabbed together over the years.)
This water system also feeds several homes surrounding the field that I am farming. I have measured the resting PSI at about 22, once I start using stuff it will drop down to maybe 8. Best case scenario I would like to be able to use 10 sprinklers at the same time I currently have these with lavender heads https://www.senninger.com/irrigation-product/xcel-wobblertm.
Currently I can run 3 at a time and its a real drag having to constantly shift which once are in use.
Could I put a bladder pressure tank inline to help with this problem what sort of other hardware would I need? I do not have easy access to power so inline pumps are not an ideal solution.
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The pump system should already have a pressure tank? And the pressure should be operating between 40 and 60 or 30 and 50. You will need to find out more about what size pump and tank you have in order for us to size a larger one. Adding another pressure tank will do nothing.

Theeokie

Reaction score
The pump system should already have a pressure tank? And the pressure should be operating between 40 and 60 or 30 and 50. You will need to find out more about what size pump and tank you have in order for us to size a larger one. Adding another pressure tank will do nothing.
Unfortunately I can't change anything about the system at the well and have to deal with what I'm getting at my field. I'll see if my landlord will tell me what they have there.

Reach4

Reaction score
https://www.senninger.com/irrigation-product/xcel-wobblertm says
Sprinkler heads:
Flows: 0.78 to 6.97 gpm
Pressures: 10 to 25 psi​
It also says
Color-coded nozzles for easy size identification.​

I did not find a color code chart, but I suspect it is on the website somewhere. Do you know the ratings for the nozzles you have? If you had 6.97 gpm then switching to 0.78 would probably do it for you. It is unlikely that you are using the max right now.

A pump, which would need power, could increase the flow some to increase throw, but you still are probably limited in flow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks