Pressure issue with new Delta 134900 Tub/shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

kine97

Reaction score
I hope someone can help with this problem. We bought a Foreclosure home for our daughter. We installed a new tub/shower & also a new Delta 134900 Tub/shower Faucet. After installing, & flushing the line as instructed, without the Cartridge assembly, the water flowed fine for the pressure test. Once we installed the Cartridge, there is little, to no water coming out. After a little adjusting of the handle position, there was a mediocre amount of water coming out. That' said, the water heater is Electric, & we do not have electricity to the home yet, as we're waiting for the Elec. Company to come turn on the power. So the test was only with Cold water, but I did turn on the valve for the hot water line to see if that made a difference in the pressure...which it didn't. We also left the shower head off, since we figured the lines needed flushing after sitting dormant for over a year.

I dont believe the Cartridge assembly is at fault, as I had a new one to try, from the Delta Rep., and had the same results. I'm not sure where to go next, except to call the 800# for tech help.

I'm hoping we did some rookie mistake and someone here can point out something that will have my daughter's tub faucet up and running.

Just some background, the lines running from the cement slab are galvanized 1/2" pipe. We connected using CPVC to the valve/mixer from the galvanized, and to the drop-ear for the Showerhead. For the tub spout & the run to the spout from the valve, we used 1/2" galvanized, as instructed in the installation instructions.

I hope all this makes sense. I'm sure my husband could do a better job of explaining, but he isn't a typist, and he works afternoons. I'm hoping to have an answer for him when he gets home tonight.

Thanks everyone in advance for any advice you can share with me.

Theresa

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A pressure balanced valve must have water supplied to both HOT and COLD inlets. If one is missing, NOTHING comes out.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The pressure balance valve (often a spool valve - a sliding rod) might stick at one end if you first operated it with only one supply on. So, maybe take a rubber mallet and give it a whack with the water turned on to see if you can free it up.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Until you turn on the water to the water heater you will NOT get any pressure out. When the hot, or cold, water pressure is ZERO the balancing spool will reduce the other side to ZERO also.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks