Pressure improvement

Users who are viewing this thread

McDuff4214

Reaction score
new to the forum group so don't beat me up to bad, and yes I've been looking though the old threads and haven't seen anything yet, but did get really close to it.

so this is my idea. I have a well that supplies 3 houses, at the other homes pressure is fine(closer to the well). my home does seem to lack in water pressure do to the range roughly 200' away. so I'm thinking add a bladder tank at the house allow the source to fill the tank. that will hold water for home use.
the well system we have is where the compressor fills a holding tank with water then a shallow well pump takes the water from the tank pressures it up to an existing bladder tank then is pulled off there to the houses.

thanks for yalls help in advance

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think you'll find adding a bladder tank only will give you a burst of good pressure then it will peeder out. I haven't tried, I'm sure others have.

Have you measured your dynamic pressure? Meaning run the shower and test the pressure nearby.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yeah your water supply and pressure come from the pump, not the pressure tank. Adding another tank is just adding another load for the pump to supply and makes the pressure worse. You need large enough pipe to the furthest house so you don't lose much to friction loss. If it is uphill, you just need to turn up pump pressure 1 PSI for every 2.31' in elevation to make up for it.

It is usually the cycling on and off between 40 and 60 that causes low pressure. Sometimes you have 60 and the next minute you only have 40. A constant 50 PSI would be and feel so much stronger. Adding a Cycle Stop Valve to the booster pump will be less expensive than another tank and will do the job of making strong constant pressure, which is what I think you are asking for.

LOW YIELD WELL_ CENTRIFUGAL_PK1A.jpg

McDuff4214

Reaction score
yeah im betting a larger pipe would be the fix, that's what i was trying to stay away from, being that distance and all the obstacles

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
yeah im betting a larger pipe would be the fix, that's what i was trying to stay away from, being that distance and all the obstacles
If you can't put in larger pipe you can increase the pressure to make up for it. Instead of running 40/60 you can use 50/70 or even 60/80. If you lose 20 PSI in friction loss just start with 20 PSI extra. Just make sure your pump is capable of the pressure you need.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks