Pressure drops when water pump shuts off

Users who are viewing this thread

aib

Reaction score
I have a bladder water tank and above-ground water pump, with 30/50 psi range. I open a tap to drain water but close it as soon as I hear the pump starting at about 30 psi. The pressure gauge on the pump goes close to 50 psi, but as soon as the pump shuts off the pressure drops rapidly to about 40 psi, and then slowly to about 38 psi. I left it overnight and it still showed 38 psi the next morning. Is this a check valve problem?

Reach4

Reaction score
Are the pressure gauge and pressure switch very close to the bladder tank and connected by a big pipe?

aib

Reaction score
I've inserted a picture showing the gauge, and the pressure switch in the blue box on the side of the pump. Connection to the tank is with 7/8 inch pipe, total length about 40 inches.

Pump.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks