Pressure Balancing Loop Troubleshooting

Users who are viewing this thread

mrpipeandpower

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Need some help on troubleshooting a POSSIBLE pressure balancing loop problem. See image below. It's a three body spray configuration currently plumbed as "A" where lower water output is being observed from the middle Kohler tile sprayer. All piping is 1/2 copper soldered.

Here's my question. Before tearing apart this shower I am trying to figure out if configuration "A" is acceptable or not? Should it be working to equally balance pressure out of all three sprayers or is it bound to fail?

The only text book I had shows examples like "B" below but thinking about it I can't seem to figure why "A" shouldn't work which would then lead me to believe there might be a different root cause as to why we're getting lower flow to the middle output.

Are diagrams "A" and "B" acceptable or is "B" the only way to go? Supply is from the top.

Thanks!

Loop A AND B.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks