Pressure Balancer problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike A.

Reaction score
I recently replaces a pressure balancer in my singlr control PP Bathtub system. It was put in
in 1998 and I believe is an "08". The original one had a drip so I figured I would replace it
after 15 years. The new one stopped the drip but if someone flushes a toilet either in the
same bathroom or the one downstairs, the faucet will run a little then drip until the tank of
the toilet is full and no more water is going into the tank. The old one never did this.
Are the new ones any different than the old ones???

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The spool valve (pressure balance component) and the cartridge ( the volume/mixing part which may have a PB valve built into it rather than it being a separate part) would have nothing to do with the shower valve dripping. So, you may have used an aftermarket part, or compromised the O-ring, or have a problem in the valve body...can't say without looking at it. FWIW, a shower head can drip for many minutes after you finish on some designs - it could simply be that the toilet valve shutoff is quick, and sends a little jar to through the pipes and is dislodging some water from the shower head/arm.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

The new Pfister 08 cartridges have the PB component integral with them, so if you only replaced the PB part you must not have replaced the cartridge which is where your problem is. The only time a PB unit causes a drip is when it splits and then it leaks all the time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks