Pressure at tank 60 and kitchen sink 40

Users who are viewing this thread

henryccca

Reaction score
I’m installing a RO system for my friend and I have found that the pressure at the kitchen sink for feed water to be 35-40 psi but the pressure tank is reading 60psi, when I investigated a little more something just looked odd to me when the well line enters the house and pressure tank in relation to where it goes onto the rest of the house. Hopefully the picture can be seen otherwise it will be difficult to explain my friends set-up. After leaving the pressure tank area the water line goes through the meter, a whole house filter and then a water softener before moving on to the kitchen sink. My main concern at the moment is the pressure tank area .

Attachments

• 5A20E0D5-56BE-429D-9E39-044DD5F0824E.jpeg
    5A20E0D5-56BE-429D-9E39-044DD5F0824E.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 164

henryccca

Reaction score
The water comes into the house and then to the rest of the house before it gets to the pressure tank. Am I missing something here or just overthinking it ?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
What size pipe is that? In PEX, I would expect to see 1-1/4 pipe from the well to the tank, and 1” on the main trunk lines to the heater and distribution manifold.

henryccca

Reaction score
I believe it’s 3/4 all the way up to the distribution manifolds and then goes to 1/2 “

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That is a common setup and will work fine. But you have a lot of stuff between the pressure tank and kitchen sink to cause a loss of pressure. Bypass the softener and clean or replace the cartridge filter and you will see more pressure at the sink.

henryccca

Reaction score
bypassed the softener and nothing improved , I will be changing the filter next. Ty

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The I.D. of PEX is smaller than copper, and each fitting inserted into PEX pipe further reduces the flow rate. When using PEX, it should always be sized one size larger than the equivalent copper pipe sizing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks