Pressure Assist Alternatives

Users who are viewing this thread

NYC123

Reaction score
Hi!

Need Help and Recommendations!!!

We are looking to replace a Kohler Barrington Rear Outlet (Pressure Assist) in our primary bathroom that is 20+ years old, extremely loud and doesn't flush correctly.

1. Recommendations to replace toilet with a NON-pressure assist toilet that is still rear outlet (if that is possible?). If so, do you have any recommendations for rear outlet toilets?
2. Thoughts on Caroma toilets that may fit? Anyone have experiences with Caroma Somerton substituting for pressure assist?

Worth noting we just bought and moved into our apartment in NYC and we have one bathroom with a pressure assist toilet and our second bathroom has a regular gravity fed toilet (rear outlet).

Appreciate any thoughts or recommendations on toilets alternatives. Also, if you have any plumber recommendations that service the NYC area that would be amazing too!

Thanks for your help!

Jason

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't have any recommendations but that adapter they have on the Caroma to convert the 8" tall outlet to a US spec 4" drain height is brilliant! I built one of those myself and it was a huge PITA!

Caroma is a brand I've installed a couple times only so not a lot of direct experience.. no call backs, so there's that.

OK.. just also looked up the Somerton MaP flushing scores.. 1000! Pretty dang good there.

1666045160934.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks