Preferred lavatory drain location in vertical stack with toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

augielocost

Reaction score
Hello - I am adding some venting to a very old house that needs more. I'm moving the toilet to take advantage of the new vertical vent and am wondering if there is a preferred location of where the sink connects to the vertical stack - above or below the toilet inlet. I cannot use a combination fitting to have both sink and toilet enter at the same vertical location and need to have separate connection points. The house is governed by IPC code. The vent is 2" and the stack is 3". They will run directly to the sewer at the lower level with no other fixtures entering the stack and a tub on the floor below will enter the horizontal
Drain Options.JPG
drain but it has it's own separate vent.

Reach4

Reaction score
Much simpler. The lavatory sanitary tee can go inline to the sanitary tee for the toilet that serves the same bathroom as the lavatory. Two sanitary tees total. This would be the case for IPC or UPC. You could go smaller on your piping above the toilet santee, but 3 inch would be more than enough.

Either of what you sketched would be permitted, but would not required or common.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks