Pre War Crane Leaky Faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

jellyghost

Reaction score
I am working with a friend that has pre war Crane faucets (Crane-FB1077 is the stem). Her home has three of them, and they all have some problems. I have replaced a few washers, and one of the valve stems was successfully unfrozen with pb blaster (another one wasn't unfroze, suggestions welcome). On one stem, a washer was replaced, and the faucet still has a pretty fast leak. I think the seat needs to be fixed. I found an old post that said to use the right tool or the faucet will be ruined. It also mentioned that some Crane faucets may not have a seat. Is the right tool an appropriate allen wrench, or do I need to order a pool? How do I find the correct seat to replace my current one?
Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
Is your friend keeping the old faucets for reasons other than economy such as aesthetics?

A photo is often useful to let people maybe recognize the faucets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks