pre-soldered copper fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

Mattoest

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with pre-soldered copper fittings? Do they work properly, are they as strong?

Mattoest

Reaction score
I don't see it. I did a search and saw mention of pre-soldered fittings but no actual reply. (They were mentioned relating to resoldering and using something called "just for copper.") If anyone has feedback on these it would be greatly appreciated.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
They work but if you overheat them they will require the roll of solder close by. If you use the proper heat they work fine. Never use a turn brush inside of those fittings; they say not to but I beg to differ since aging copper will tarnish inside of them, requiring the turn brush. I never pull away from the etched in stone rules of correct soldering of copper.

mixdenny

Reaction score
Our Home Depot has pretty much switched over to them, so I tried them when I replaced the old plumbing in my house a few months ago. I was *very* pleased with them. They flow with less heat than conventional solder. Put a turbo torch on it for a few seconds and a nice wet band of solder appears around all joints in a flash. I did not have to touch up any of them. I do use plenty of flux, I like Oatey, although my wife works for Oatey :)

Dennis

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks