Pre-emergent and over/re-seeding

Users who are viewing this thread

Lucky8926

Reaction score
I would like to overseed and re-seed some areas of my yard and also put down spring pre-emergent for crabgrass and other weeds. I obviously can't do them at the same time and unfortunately in my area (central Illinois) the recommended times to do both of these are the same time period, Pre-emergent is mid to late April and the grass seed is also April. So..... which should I do first and how long should I wait until I put down the other?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score

Lucky8926

Reaction score
https://www.thespruce.com/how-to-kill-crabgrass-2132940

Tupersan (active ingredient—siduron) is worth mentioning because, unlike other pre-emergent herbicides, it will not damage germinating lawn grass seed (in fact, its active ingredient is often combined with starter fertilizers for new lawns). This quality about Tupersan makes it convenient for those starting new lawns from seed.
Best of both worlds! Thanks for the info, i'll definitely have to check this out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks