Power Gravity (blue) Flapper in a Drake & Drake 2 (Gwyneth)

Users who are viewing this thread

tyneskj

Reaction score
Okay, so I have tried swapping the red (g-max) flapper with the blue (power gravity) flapper in a Toto CST744S Drake and the water flush volume increased from 1.6 gallons to almost 2.6 gallons (almost 60%).

1.Has anyone tried the same flapper swap in the Drake 2 (Gwyneth), with the 1.28g/flush?

2.On the Drake 2, I've noticed a float on the g-max flapper chain for the Drake 2 anyone tried just taking that off?

And before people start asking why... It's a customer request.

tyneskj

Reaction score
This is perfectly good info., and a valid question, but thx. for the "manufacturer's" input. Glad to get that out of the way first!

Anyone tried anything on the Drake 2 (Gwyneth)? Peanut9199 maybe are you around?

If you use the Blue flapper used in the Power gravity system it will open longer letting more water thorugh, but will work fine. I had a customer who used it in a commercial building (about 20 Drake's) and was happy with the result.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't know anyone yet that has changed the flapper on them.
It would be a simple change out though.

The Blue flapper floats longer, so more water drops out of the tank, that's the only difference.

cst454_inside_tank.jpg

Looking inside the CST454CEFG Drake II tank.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most of this concern (at least with Toto brand) on 'not enough water' when flushing is unfounded. Toto has a very good track record...they generally don't put products out there that don't work. Leave well enough alone. On the rare occasion when for whatever reason it doesn't clear on the first shot, it certainly will the next. In the 5-years or so I've had my Totos, I think maybe once every 3-4 months it might need a second shot, and then it's because there are a bunch of small floaters...depends on what you eat.

Since they use pretty much standard parts, you can modify it, if you decide you need to. You won't be getting the water savings. 99.9% of the time, it gets the job done with a single flush...don't beat a dead horse...this is not yesterday's poorly designed toilet!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have the Gwyenth installed.
If you hold the handle down, that is like using a bigger flapper.
You can hold the handle down till the tank is empty, I don't know how much more you can do than that.

But that had already been mentioned.

So the answer is no, the water will not jump out of the bowl and race around the bathroom chasing your kids.

Though the kids would think that was fun.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks