Power for water treatment injection pump

Users who are viewing this thread

jerseydevil

Reaction score
Hello all, We just had a new well installed, which replaced our old shallow hand dug one. The old one had a jet pump in the basement, a bladder tank, a chemical feed tank, and a mixing tank. The chemical feed (soda ash and bleach) has a metering pump that plugs into a dedicated outlet. The outlet is only live when the well pump is running. This was done through the pressure switch. When the installers added the new well, they also added a new bladder tank, and a new pressure switch. They didn't plumb in the chemical feed tank (just a 1"x 1" x 1/2" tee), stating it may not be needed. Well, after getting the water tested, we still need the soda ash due to low ph. I cut in the tee, and ran new poly tubing. I extended the power lines from the dedicated outlet to the new pressure switch, and connected it to the two pump feed lines, tested it, and it works (comes on when the well pump is running). There is one problem though, there is no knock out for the wires to the metering pump, just one for the lines from the panel, and one for the lines to the well. Has anyone else experienced this scenario? Is this how its normally done? Am I doing something wrong? Should I just drill a hole in the switch cover? I'd be happy to supply additional info, or pics if requested.
Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks