Pouring concrete around/over yard cleanout drain

Users who are viewing this thread

mba79

Reaction score
I'm having concrete poured around my side/backyard and trying to figure out the best way to deal with what I assume is a cleanout drain in the dirt. Attached is a picture of the actual drain which is 7" wide by my measurements. The drain itself is roughly 5"-6" lower then where the concrete will eventually be poured up to. Looking for an aesthetically pleasing cover (and box to be poured around). I'd rather not go through the hassle of extending the pipe if I can avoid it.

The local hardware stores sent me to a pre-cast concrete place but the smallest thing they had seems a little big for my need. I only bought it because the mud was being poured today, but they cancelled and I want to make sure I get the right thing for this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, hope this isn't a double post but I couldn't find anything like this anywhere online.

Thanks Mike

Attachments

• GetAttachment-1.aspx.jpeg
    GetAttachment-1.aspx.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 4,384
  • GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 7,119

mba79

Reaction score
That would work? I would prefer a cast iron or stainless steel cover in all honesty. If there isnt anything else or a smaller version then do you think what i have will work? Thanks again.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I've used the irrigation boxes in that application with good results. Just make sure its a good beefy one. You could use what you have too. The thing is you either have to be able to get a wrench on the cleanout to remove it or, get a different type of cap where a tool that extends down into the cleanout can be used. Typically these have a slot or a square hole.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks