Potential Mixed Metals/Electrolysis issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

michio Marcus Ohno

Reaction score
We had a new tankless hot water heater and recirculation pump installed a few years ago. Everything works great and no leaks. However, I was watching Holmes and the issue of mixed metals in plumbing systems causing corrosion and failures was brought up. This made me think of our setup and wondering if we had a potential problem down the line. As you can see in the pictures, there is some brass, some stainless, and some copper. Thank you for any input

Attachments

• connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 207
  • InkedWater Heater connections_LI.jpg
    InkedWater Heater connections_LI.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Water Heater connections 2.jpg
    Water Heater connections 2.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 209

Reach4

Reaction score
Some would be disturbed that your temperature & pressure relief valve empties even a little bit uphill, or that your "3/4" inch stuff does not keep the full diameter.

Others are not bothered by that stuff at all.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Some would be disturbed that your temperature & pressure relief valve empties even a little bit uphill,

I don't run T&P lines with flex. I used to though.
I also always gravity them downward. No loops going up. And the other day I pulled out a 6"galvanzied nipple from a T&P and it was nearly filled with rust.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks