Porcher vs. Toto

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert Cote

Reaction score
I am building a new high-end home (5500 sq. ft. traditional center hall colonial in an old town on Long Island, NY) and I am planning to install Porcher plumbing (Reprise faucets and shower systems and Lutezia toilets (called water closets)) because I find the Porcher lines to be more attractive looking than the Toto. In my opinion, they have simple elegance.

The first question I have is whether the Lutezia toilet from Porcher will work as well as the Toto? The Toto gets rave reviews because it is quiet and has a 3" flush valve GMAX system (in contrast to the 2" industry standard), but I CANNOT find anything pro or con about the Porcher toilets generally or even the specific Lutezia toilet/water closet that I am interested in purchasing. I have to make the final plumbing list for the builder early next week.

Second question. My builder tells me there are long delays on getting the Toto. Is that correct? (note: The plumbing will not be needed until sometime in March 2005 given the current building schedule.)

Third question. How can I find out more information on the Porcher and how well it works or does not work? Even the local plumbing supply houses I have spoken to do not seem to know much about this product line. However, as I mentioned above, it is clearly a superior looking product line.

D

dc_homeplumber

My unprofessional opinion is that with Porcher, you pay a LOT of money for looks alone. From what I've been told, they work about as well as your run-of-the-mill Kohler and American Standard products.

The Toto Ultramax seems to have the reputation of being the best toilet in the world, the ship time is not excessive and it is rather elegant looking (as far as toilets go). It's of a smooth, simple, one-piece design.

My personal preference, even in an upscale home, would lean more toward efficient functionality as opposed to strictly asthetics.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks