Poor water pressure with new tub/shower set......HELP!

Users who are viewing this thread

virtualblues

Reaction score
I replaced an old, leaking American Standard tub/shower set with a new American Standard #3275. Since the replacement, the tub/shower flow, both hot and cold, is just 1 gallon per minute. Takes FOREVER to fill the tub, 5 minutes to fill a 5-gallon bucket. When I pull the valve stem and let the pipe flow open it blasts out about 8 - 10 gallons per minute - much like Old Faithful. I'm suspecting the valves are too restrictive. Went to Home Depot, where I purchased the fixture. They couldn't explain the lack of pressure nor do they stock replacement parts. Called American Standard and they said the new valves are obstructed with debris. They are sending me replacements valves, which is nice. However, I completely disassembled the valves I have and they are as clean as a whistle nor is there debris backed up behind the valves. I need plumbing advice. Any and all appreciated. Thanks. pk

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
we would have to be there to check it out. The shower head could be restrictive, but that would have absolutely no effect when filling the tub. As an aside, I try NEVER to use American Standard valves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks