poor pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

johnny lee

Reaction score
I am soon to be working on a large 15k sq ft older home..I do not know exactly what the supply size is..most likely 3/4 to 1 inch...multiple showers..sinks..toilets..the main complaint is low pressure at the fixtures..It appears that the sysrem has been worked on many times..most supply is copper..my question is..if this is all the pressure I will get from the city to the house is there a booster pump that will handle the entire house or will I need to install multiple boosters..and can you install multiple boosters?? J lee

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pressure

You have no idea what the reason for the low pressure is, so how can we, you, or anybody decide how to cure it. Call a plumber and get an evaluation of the problem. It may have nothing to do with the pipes or city pressure at all.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
One thing you should do is to determine if you have a pressure problem or a flow problem. If you still have galvanized pipe, that could be corroded to the point that you can't get enough flow. A pressure gauge can be obtained at any hardware store.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks