Poor bowl rinse in new Toto EcoDrake

Users who are viewing this thread

Russ75

Reaction score
I just got a Toto EcoDrake and it always leaves residue on the bowl, even after two flushes or holding the handle down for a long flush. Fortunately this is in a guest bath and will get little use. I need to buy another toilet for my main bath, so I am wondering if I would get a better rinse with the Double Cyclone flush and perhaps Sanigloss. Can anyone share their experience with these?

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I have a Soiree and 2 Gwyneths (now called Ultramax II I believe) and got them especially for the double cyclone bowl wash. It works well, especially if you get CEFIONTECT too.

Video of performance

Last edited by a moderator:

Donn2390

Reaction score
I just got a Toto EcoDrake and it always leaves residue on the bowl, even after two flushes or holding the handle down for a long flush. Fortunately this is in a guest bath and will get little use. I need to buy another toilet for my main bath, so I am wondering if I would get a better rinse with the Double Cyclone flush and perhaps Sanigloss. Can anyone share their experience with these?

We have has our EcoDrake for a year now, and it is used daily by two or more people. We have never experienced the problem you complain of. Perhaps you need to get out to the range more, and practice your aim...?
Ours has been trouble free, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another...

Reaction score

I haven't seen this with my three EcoDrakes, but we have the CEFIONTECT bowls.

Can you be more specific? Is it failing to do a complete flush and therefore pulling some material back into the trap?

Is the "residue" only paper/solids or liquids also? Is this above the waterline (poor bowl rinse) or below the water line?

Any venting issues with the sewer branch for the toilet?

Have you tried metering a normal flush or two or three to see what volume it is putting through?

Russ75

Reaction score
By residue, I meant a smear of solids stuck to the lower part of the bowl, well below the waterline. The flush is complete and very strong, leaving nothing in the water or above the waterline. How would I go about metering the volume of the flush?

Cookie

Reaction score
Maybe they should start to make "bowl colors" to pick from. Solid brown ones for those who don't want to clean daily or own a Cimmaron.
One with painted streaks in it so you can't tell the difference, lol.

Or, even "bowl designs", one complete with a bulls-eye for kids. Or big kids.
A pink bowl design for women, with little hearts, or one with those pink ribbons in it, lol. (a breast cancer toilet) ;)

I would love one with tiny yellow little duckies or salt water fish.

Who knows it might become the wave of the future, or~~ might even be created for all I know.

Last edited:
Reaction score
By residue, I meant a smear of solids stuck to the lower part of the bowl, well below the waterline. The flush is complete and very strong, leaving nothing in the water or above the waterline. How would I go about metering the volume of the flush?

I've not had what I would call a problem with smears below the water line. On the rare occasions that there are some they disappear on the following flush. (It was several weeks before I actually saw a smear like that.) What I don't do is flush again immediately after the fill when I see one. I wait a few minutes or longer, then flush. Given some time the stuff seems to lift off and is suspended when I flush again after waiting. Typically this will be a #1 flush...so it might be more than a few minutes, but you get the idea.

At any rate, so far I've not needed the brush on mine <knock on porcelain>. This is unlike my old Gerbers that developed streaks above and below the water line. The residues above the water line were hopeless without a brush or some tissue and a manual swipe, as were some below the water line.

I've not used any sort of cleaner on them so far, just the water in the bowl.

To meter the flush you really need to have a municipal flow meter. If you are on well or some sort of non-metered service, this doesn't work. You can read the spinning dial assuming it has a high resolution 1 ccf needle with 0.1 ccf major hashmarks, and 0.01 ccf minor hashmarks. But it doesn't really sound necessary in your case as you are now saying the strength of the flush itself is fine.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
My Dartmouth will get an occasional streak. I have a brush beside the bowl for such times. A quick brushing takes care of the problem. It do not happen often, so I don't consider it a real problem. At least I never have to plunge it :D

Russ75

Reaction score
Thanks for all the helpful feedback. I think just to cover all the bases I will go with the Drake II (elongated, ADA and Sanigloss) for the main toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks