Pool Waterline

Users who are viewing this thread

Concetta Parsons

Reaction score
Hello all,
I was cleaning my pool the last day and found dirt and algae stains in the pool waterline. I had no idea on how to clean it off. I cleaned the tiles in the sides of the pool, but I couldn't reach the waterline tile. For cleaning my pool waterline should I drain my pool first or are there any other easy solutions ?? Will vacuum cleaner do it's work here??

Last edited by a moderator:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Depending on how severe the algea is. It will take manual (mechanical) effort with the help of chemicals.

Many pool owners delegate the job to professional cleaners.

I once had a pool and I quickly found myself to be a slave, so I sold the house.

Concetta Parsons

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions. Algae stains are not only present in the waterline it has started spreading in most of the tiles in our pool. I can reach up to waterline, but still there are a lot of dirt and stains on the inner tiles. I tried cleaning them yesterday and my pool water started changing color. I don't know how to get rid of this. I've asked a lot of suggestions from many, and I got a variety of suggestions. But I don't know which one will work well. Is there any way to clean it without spoiling the pool water??

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Without seeing your pool, you may need to drain it a do an acid wash. You will need a few professional estimates.

There is no way to keep the water 100% clear using cleaning agents and scrubbing, if you try doing it yourself (and that is a big "if").

If DIY, can your filter do the cleaning?

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
When you say you can reach "up" to the water line, dose that mean you are in the water (cleaning from the inside) rather than standing on the pool deck? A picture would help.

Do you have a pool water test kit? Like this "Taylor" kit: https://www.amazon.com/TAYLOR-TECHNOLOGIES-INC-K-2006-CHLORINE/dp/B004BGF7TI/ref=zg_bs_1272977011_3

If not you need one.

It sounds like your chlorine levels are too low. That's why algae is forming. Usually the pool water will get cloudy and greenish if you are cleaning/brushing Algae off the pool walls. After the chlorine kills the algae the water will clear up. If it is real bad, you should change your pool filter too. Hopefully you are dealing with green algae and not black algae.

Do you have a stainless steel bristle pool brush?

Reach4

Reaction score
Maybe after your big wash, a robot would keep the waterline clean.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks