pool pump

Users who are viewing this thread

cavie

Reaction score
I have a 5 year old Flo-tec 1 hp pool pump. The Aquatools (whoever that is) moter is cutting out on the Heat OV's about twice a day during a 6 hour run. should I replace the motor or just buy a complete pump?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Bearings are only designed for X amount of hours. Once they start heating up, they want you to throw it away and buy a new pump. Planned obsolescence is what keeps the wheels of manufacturers spinning round and round. Better bearings with a grease sert might make that motor last forever, and we wouldn't want that now would we? They also make windings shorter so the motor runs hotter, to keep it from lasting too long. You got about 2 years longer than they wanted you to get already. Probably won't save you much to just replace the motor over a complete unit. I have replaced bearings in pool pump motors before, and got several more years of service.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks