Pool pump wiring question

Users who are viewing this thread

dfkrause

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

I plan on wiring my pool pump from a sub panel in my work shop. The sub panel in my wood shop was wired according to code at the time (not current code) where as it is feed with a 100 amp breaker from my main panel at the house via 2 hots and a neutral, there is not a separate ground running back to the house (point of origin) nor is there a separate ground rod located at the sub panel. Grounds and neutrals are not separated in the sub panel. Is it OK to run the circuit from this sub panel?

Thanks for the help.
Dennis

Stuff

Reaction score
Pools have their own issues and codes. Are there any other electrical feeds to the pool area? I don't recall a code issue but most would want all pool circuits going to the same panel.

Code issue is only that everything be bonded together at the pool including the ground for the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks