Pool pump was making noise

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by mrt_05, Jul 3, 2018.

1. mrt_05

mrt_05 New Member

I noticed sound from my pool pump is disturbing my pool-time along with creating a bit of chaos in the atmosphere. Although my neighbors is an awesome family but they did mention this problem over a couple of times. So I decided to make it noise-free. I searched pool pump noise reduction covers/boxes and found Serene+ covers are really good. I ordered it and now the noise is gone. Above all that, it's very easy to use.

Thanks for reading my story.

IMG-4195.jpg

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    How does it get air to cool the motor?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. tvl

tvl Member

Somehow, I can only believe this is someone trying to sell something. Not only was this their very first post, but how convenient that they also provided a link to the product's website …………………. just my 2 cents!

Sylvan likes this.
  5. valveman

Pump Controls Technician
    Don't mind posting something useful. And those covers would help with the noise from a jet pump as well. Just have to figure out how they get the air to cool the motor without making an opening that lets the noise out?

6. mrt_05

mrt_05 New Member

The cover has a cutout, so the motor is still exposed to the outside to cool as designed.

7. valveman

Pump Controls Technician
    That's good. But when you have enough openings to let the air in to cool the motor, it usually lets the sound out as well.

8. mrt_05

mrt_05 New Member

I had the same concern before opting for it. But the slight cutout in it is enough to cool the pump and keeping the noise up to the lowest.