Pool/hydronic/solar Piping

Users who are viewing this thread

cospete

Reaction score
Im building a 1700 gallon plunge pool and am looking for thoughts on my plumbing setup. I think my design would be simple, serviceable, and expandable. I like the idea of a manifold design. The pipe from the drains and skimmer are going to be 2" going to a section of tee's in the pump house/garage. The return is going to be 2" split to two 1.5" jets.

I would like to have several ways to heat the pool, one of the ways is solar, with a drain back design. Possible solar powered pump or pump with photovolatic eye.

Attachments

• poolplumbing.png
    poolplumbing.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 144

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
1700 gallons is not much of a pool, more like a built in hot tub. Cannot make much sense out of your design picture but you're making it too complicated. The location of your solar panels is important for pump size and I know of no solar powered pump that can push a lot of water through 2" pipe plus elevation height of the panels. You want the pump to be the first device in line where it is sucking the cold water from the pool, then go through the filter, then to the solar panel with the heated return to the pool jets. It will need to be plumbed with a bypass to the solar panels and a valve to drain the panels for the winter. Another heat source is a heat pump or gas fired pool heater. The cost to set up multiple heat sources will get expensive for such a small need. Another consideration is the want for a heater, is it to take the chill out of the water and extend the pool season or need to heat it up such as a hot tub?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks