Polypropylene for Drain/Waste/Vent Installation Advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gordie_Z

Reaction score
Polypropylene is listed in the code for my area as allowable for drain/waste/vent (and other aspects of the plumbing system). An inspector thinks the old metal piping inside my two story (plus basement) residence should be replaced some day and I'm thinking of doing it before it has to be done on an emergency basis.

So, from your experience, if polypropylene will be used for residential dwv partial or full replacement, what should be watched out for, what should be done extra-carefully?

Thank you.

Gordie_Z

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply HJ. I'm assuming that seeing it's listed in Illinois' drain/waste/vent code that there are fittings for them or the make-your-own-fitting-by-melting-two-pieces-together works reasonably well. But, maybe fittings are available but hard to get. Or, the melting method is lacking in some regard. Hopefully others will weigh in with their experiences with polypropylene pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks