Polybutylene advice and budget

Users who are viewing this thread

AngelesCrest

Reaction score
I own a small apartment about 700 square feet, with a small kitchen and tiny single bath. It recently had a plumbing leak in the bathroom that required me to file with my insurance company.

The pipes are polybutylene as it was built in 1986. I would like to consider replacing the pipes, but I don't have the money right now and don't want to be disingenuous and waste a plumber's time to get an estimate, knowing I won't have the money for a while.

Any sense as to what it would cost to replace all the plumbing in a home that size? I'm looking for a budget to aim for, hopefully as specific as possible as money is tight. The place is in Laurel, Maryland, which is DC suburbs.

All I've read, it's another ticking time bomb waiting to happen, although I wish I didn't have to replace them.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The size of the area is somewhat irrelevant. What is important is WHERE the plumbing is located inside that area, and how a plumber would get to them, and that has nothing to do with how big the space is.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks