Poll: Should hj post his picture on the site?

Should hj post a picture on the site?

• Yes, we want to know awesome hj better, he's always a big help.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No, I want to imagine him in my own way. Plumbing 65 years putting young guys to shame.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Maybe, now you have me curious about expert plumber hj. Maybe we should see a picture.

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
hj has been posting on forums since the world was created. What would the Internet be without his wisdom? I have always wondered what this salty guy is like. I have hoped in vain to get to know him better, but maybe if enough of us ask, he will post a picture. I know a lot of you have been helped greatly by his advice, so what do you think?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Who said there are ANY pictures? (I voted for #3, by the way) Why post one and destroy the mystery. This way I can be sitting next to you and mining your expertise. My icon shows the trench I have been digging for a long time and it is still not finished, although the Colorado River is helping. When it is finally completed, then I can begin to install the sewer and water pipes in it.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
I thought you two were old buddies, sharing Sunday afternoon BBQs whenever you got together in Seattle or Phoenix.

I voted for #2, because even Bridget Bardot doesn't look like BB anymore.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My icon shows the trench I have been digging for a long time and it is still not finished, although the Colorado River is helping. When it is finally completed, then I can begin to install the sewer and water pipes in it.

I really need to get down and see that ditch that you've been working on. Maybe river rafting it would be fun. I need to do that before you fill it back in.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I totally can respect his need for privacy, but I've always wondered what HJ stands for: Hassidic Jew, Howard Johnson, Hoppin' John, the possibilities are endless.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
In the beginning, we had to type in our name at the sites, and HJ was the shortest, and easiest, way to do it. Hasidic Jew would be close because when I was in high school 98%, (all but 2 or 3 in each class), was Jewish. I was not, but my name looked like it so I took all the Jewish holidays. On those days the school was deserted. In fact one teacher commented, "I didn't know there were African American Jews".

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We know you first started plumbing in Chicago, and then moved to Arizona. Arizona, why do so many people I know Winter there? Oh yes, Seattle.
I would take any holiday I could too. So it must have been a public school if they stayed open on those days. I will let you know if I visit in your area so we can have dinner. It could be fun.

Sluggo

Reaction score
From what I can tell, he's too modest to post his own picture, so here is one of him that I found on the Internet:
Unshakeable-Power-of-Zeus.jpg

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hey, we got African-Americans down in Georgia. Saw one once, swear to God. My next guess would have been Honey Jar on the initials, but that doesn't seem to fit. After that, I was thinking Henry J, as in Kaiser. My dad bought a Kaiser automobile in 1948, four years before I appeared on the scene.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
WEll, he could have had a Henry J, or a Kaiser-Darrin, rather than a common Kaiser. Both the Kaiser and Frazer were good looking cars for that era.
(p.s., I do not have a beard).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks