Pole barn bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Therapydoc

Reaction score
Putting in a bathroom in a new construction rigid frame pole barn. Will have a toilet on left with sink in middle and corner shower on right. In the shop itself I have a drain for washing cars and a drain for very minimal boat drying. I have 2” lines running from both in shop drains and currently no venting on that line. Ideally I’d like to hook them all together and have one drain coming out of the shop into a pasture field/leach field. I need help with knowing where to vent, if all lines can be connected for one drain, etc. the wall behind the bathroom is to an open bay unfinished part of shop with roof and three side walls so I’d like to vent into that opening versus thru roof.

As far as bathroom I plan on 2” shower drain, 3” toilet and 1.5” sink. Help me keep from screwing up before pouring concrete.

Also how much drop is too much for the main drain? Outside the shop the hillside slopes down quite a bit so don’t want any solids getting stuck and drying.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Wye off from the 3" toilet line with 2" and run 2" to the lav and vent. Continue on from the lav line with 2" to the shower.
The 2" vent at the lav takes care of the bathroom.

wet_vent_upc_3_4_bath.jpg

Fittings below grade would get wyes and combo fittings.
The vertical for the lav is a santee where the vent meets the trap arm.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks