Plunging a Toto

Users who are viewing this thread

jsix

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you so much for having this wonderful forum!

We are getting ready to replace our 10-year old Toto Drake with another Toto -- it's been wonderful except for one thing ... on the rare occasions it gets stopped up, no plunger seems to work. We can't make a good seal with the plunger, so we just snake it.

Is there a special Toto plunger?

Thanks,
Janet

Sluggo

Reaction score
I've had a Toto get plugged only once in 10 years, and I have four of them at my house. The toilet was draining somewhat when I flushed, but was very sluggish. The plunger didn't work and the toilet was on the second floor so I wondered if some foreign object might be trapped in the toilet. Before pulling the toilet, I used my shop vac to suck the trap pretty dry. Then I ran the vac hose as far in as I could go. I turned on the suction and pulled the hose out. Stuck across the end of the hose was a popsicle stick that some house guest had decided to drop into the toilet. It must have been spanning the throat of the toilet trap and catching toilet paper and impeding solids.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks