Plumbing with the Wirsbo ProPex Manual Tool

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
In my very limited time using this tooling, this is what I am finding....

Is it just me or does the head need a lil *loctite* to hold it in place.
I am finding in just hand screwing the head tight, it tends to just unscrew itself, which get's annoying real fast.

DavidTu

Reaction score
Its (mostly) just you. :)

Mine occasionally loosened but not often enough or regularly enough to be memorable as a problem. Are you using the graphite lubricant on the head? My 1/2" nose does have an annoying habit whereby the internal spring loop disconnects from itself and the "pie pieces" come out and have to be repositioned and the spring reconnected... THAT was annoying! Or is it just me?

Chefwong

Reaction score
You're problem would just make me junk it and get the torch out ;-)
Actually, I'm using the Wirsbo system as a means of helping me install baseboards flush to the wall for a very clean look....

Kinda interesting. Played around with a fitting compressed, torching on the ring, removing it, etc - just to see the variuous ~applications~ on how to use the system, removing a ring off a fitting if needed, etc.

It's not code up here for potable here.

spete112

Reaction score
You are turning the tool while it is in the pipe that is why it is unscrewing. I am not saying you are doing anything wrong. I worked for my day as a plumber for 10 years and this is the system that we used. I just got in the habbit for puting my hand of the head and tighting it after evey few joints. It was always loose be careful not to let it too loose so you have a joint problem. Every pex system has + and -. That is just a -. You can buy a power unit and you will find that problem does not happen with that. At least with the wirsbo you can work with the tool on the floor and not fight with it in hard to reach areas. I probally did not answer your question but thought I would add my two cents for you. I just became a home owner and bought a tool for only my use I am no longer plumbing. If that tells you how much I like it and my house had zurn plumbing in it. I will convert to wirsbo every chance I get.

spete112

Reaction score
Ya the problem with putting the pieces back in to the head is a pain in the butt. A person has to really be careful not to drop the tool and or head/ That is when it will happen and only get easer to come apart as time goes on. I remember the first time I had to figure out how to put it back I did get it but not with out many four letter words.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks