Plumbing vent question

Users who are viewing this thread

seandunn

Reaction score
Hey ya'll, i have a question about vent code. i have two bathrooms that share a wall and am moving my laundry room to the same area. i will have a total of five vents i will be dealing with. two shower, two sinks, and one for the washing machine. my question is can i connect all five 1.5" vents with 90's, and tee fittings to run them together into one existing three inch stack? thanks

attached is an image roughly of the layout. top two room are the bathrooms and bottom is laundry. smaller circles are 1.5" vent the larger is the 3in.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    169.1 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Hey ya'll, i have a question about vent code. i have two bathrooms that share a wall and am moving my laundry room to the same area. i will have a total of five vents i will be dealing with. two shower, two sinks, and one for the washing machine. my question is can i connect all five 1.5" vents with 90's, and tee fittings to run them together into one existing three inch stack?
Yes. The vents must stay vertical for 6 inches above the flood level of the fixture, and maybe 42 inches whichever is higher. Vertical for this purpose means no more than 45 degrees off of true vertical. I am not a plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks