soil stack comes up throw the roof
would like to know if I have any code violations using current drawing
I hope you'll understand what I put together
plumbing drawing.png

view

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The stack coming up from the floor below cannot be used as a drain unless you revent the items below. To put it another way, once a pipe becomes a vent, it cannot be used as a drain above it. So, you have two choices, either revent all of the stuff from below which might mean tearing lots of stuff out, or using that line as your vent in this new bathroom group, and running a new drain line down somewhere into the main stack that won't compromise where it switches from a drain to a vent.

You cannot wet vent across floors. I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but it has not been code for a long time. The house I grew up in did it that way, but any remodeling had to switch things around to comply with new for anything touched in a remodel.

zoglchaim

Reaction score
The stack coming up from the floor below cannot be used as a drain unless you revent the items below. To put it another way, once a pipe becomes a vent, it cannot be used as a drain above it. So, you have two choices, either revent all of the stuff from below which might mean tearing lots of stuff out, or using that line as your vent in this new bathroom group, and running a new drain line down somewhere into the main stack that won't compromise where it switches from a drain to a vent.

You cannot wet vent across floors. I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but it has not been code for a long time. The house I grew up in did it that way, but any remodeling had to switch things around to comply with new for anything touched in a remodel.

thank u very much for this info

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks