Plumbing Noob needs help with Delta Faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by BrentH, Jun 10, 2009.

1. BrentH

BrentH Civil Engineer

Civil Engineer
    Hey everyone - great looking site here. I am about to start remodeling my bathroom and am planning to install a new shower valve and plumbing. I just recently bought a new Delta 1700 faucet and am having trouble disassembling it from the package. I have been trying to take the handle off in order to slip off the escutcheon and valve but to no avail. Is there a retaining clip in there or a small latch that needs to be depressed to take this thing apart. Does anyone have any pictures of this as well? I was thinking this would be fairly straight forward but I can't even get past step one. Any help would be appreciated.

2. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

Consultant
    Mabey this will help

Attached Files:

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Attached Files:

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber

The first thing you have to do is remove the cap from the small temperature control lever. It snaps off and then there is a screw under it holding everything else together.

5. BrentH

BrentH Civil Engineer

Civil Engineer
    Thanks for the quick responses guys. That picture looks helpful but it is pretty dang small. As for removing the cap on the small temperature control valve, I just need to pop it off with a screw driver or some other small prying tool? I just want to make sure since I want to make sure to not break it.

6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    Be careful not to scratch things, but it should pop off.

7. BrentH

BrentH Civil Engineer

Civil Engineer
    Got it taken apart last night no problem. The cap popped right off. Thanks for the help guys.