Plumbing layout planning/advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

ivwshane

Reaction score
It looks like I may be doing a master bath remodel sooner than I expected. My original plan was to move my master bath into another room adjacent to the master bedroom but I'm not sure where to start.

I prefer to do all the work myself and I want to pull permits for it, so I want it done right.

So as a DIY'er, is there a good place to go (online, DIY books) that will help me with my layout and get me pointed in the right direction? My main concern is needlessly creating too many vents or not being efficient with the layout.

Some details about my house:
Two story (master bath is on the second story)
The 2nd floor is built on trusses so I have plenty of room to run pipes
Existing plumbing is ABS
The fixtures I plan on having are toilet, bathtub, shower, and two sinks
The new bathroom will be in a corner room of the house with two exterior walls with one of the walls partially exposed to a single story room next to it

Thanks!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks