Plumbing help? Add a new Utilty sink in my Laundry Room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jordan Lin

Reaction score
Terry.
I am planning to add a new sink in my new laundry room. Both my washer 2" drain and 2" vent pipes output are both coming into 'dual drain holes with Hot and cold' washing maching box. The stand pipe and vent pipe are connect with a 'Y' connector and then a short vertical 2" pipe to a P strap the P Strap then connect a 4" horzion pipe to main drain. See below digram before drywall was put in.

Where can I cut in stand pipe(or your new design) to add another set of 'Y' connector + P strap + horizton pipe for this new sink?

Thank you for your help and happy new year 2022.

Jordan

Attachments

• new condo laundry room.pdf
    146.6 KB · Views: 99

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Something like this works.

index.php

Jordan Lin

Reaction score
Terry,
Thanks your fast reply. Perfect. I just need one 'Y' connector and share with washer's P strap. So, Do I cut the stand pipe on the top vent ' Y' portion to connect sink or bottom 'Y' portion? The current 'Y' is share with stand pipe(washer) and vent. or do they sell 'W' connector? the vertical is for stand pipe, left is for vent and right is for sink? like the photo below?

Thank you

Jordan Lin

Attachments

• pvc connector.pdf
    25.4 KB · Views: 98
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks