Plumbing for Hand Held Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

sirbOOmdotcom

Reaction score
I am installing a hand shower in my gutted bathroom (along with rain shower, regular shower, and tub). There's two temp valves, two diverter valves, opposite sides of the tub. Certainly overkill, but I'm a consistency OCD nutball. Anywho... I don't get how I connect the hand shower water connection to the drop L? Do I make a short bit of copper pipe and a male screw in adapter on both sides? Any photos? I can't find a single freakin' photo of the actual connection of the hand shower bar setup to its water port. Thanks.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Are you referring to a separate connection at the wall for the hand shower?
If yes, what I did was to mount a drop-L on a wall stud setback just far enough so that a 4" brass nipple would just stick out of the wall tile with about 1" of thread. Then the hand shower hose connection threads on to that nipple.

My hand shower has a horizontal mounting pole that allows the shower head to be positioned anywhere along the pole (to act as a stationary shower head). The pole can be mounted anywhere on the wall of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks