Plumbing espresso machine

Users who are viewing this thread

ryanjg11

Reaction score
I have a semi-commercial espresso machine configured for direct plumbing from the kitchen sink water inlet. I am renting and just moved into a new apartment. In the past, I have repurposed the dishwsher air gap, rerouting the dishwasher outlet line directly into the garbage disposal side inlet. (Yes, I've been sure to incorporate a high loop into this design.)

I am wondering if there is a "classier" way of doing it, however. When I use the dishwasher air gap fitting, I have to dremel a larger hole so I can get the 3/8" braided stainless cable through it. I usually turn the ugly hole away from the faucet so I don't have to look at it, but the new apartment has a kitchen bar and it will be fairly visible.

Rather than using the air gap fitting, is there another fitting that looks better, perhaps something that would allow me to screw the 3/8" braided line directly into the top, and attach another line coming from the bottom? This would be more waterproof than my current method.

Sink metal is all brushed nickel -- bonus points if you can find something that would match!

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks