Plumbing Design Consulting Services?

Users who are viewing this thread

Justin L

Reaction score
My wife and I are building our own small home in central Florida using steel SIP panels for the shell. We are dried in and now starting on the rough plumbing, electric, and mechanical. We are trying to determine if our plan for the DWV system is solid before we start cutting holes through the shell. There are a lot of factors that make this more complicated than your average home build. Local plumbers won't even come out to bid, let alone agree to only consulting services.

Are there any professionals on this forum or elsewhere online that do remote consulting? We have some pretty good diagrams we've drawn to help explain our plans.
Thanks,
Justin

Justin L

Reaction score
So how did you get your plumbing permit without submitting a "design" to the local authority?
We were not required to get a separate plumbing permit. Just a permit for a new SFR. The plans submitted for the permit only show the locations of fixtures on a floor plan.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks