Plumbing Comes Out of Slab In Front of Wall Framing

Users who are viewing this thread

BLD

Reaction score
Hello. First time poster here.

I am in the process of demoing a fiberglass one piece shower/tub combo. It will eventually be replaced by a solid surface shower. I will be having a plumber replumb the mixing valve and shower head, and he will be upsizing the drain line to 2". The solid surface fabricator takes care of the solid surface installation.

The shower/tub sits on a slab. After demoing the fiberglass one piece shower/tub combo, I notice (1) the exterior cold water bib was routed in front of the wall frame, and (2) the hot and cold water lines come up out of the slab in front of the wall frame as well. I've attached a couple of pictures. The tub covered this up, but going to a shower only, this now juts out of the wall.

Again, I'm not going to be doing the plumbing work, but I really do wonder, is this easily fixable (from a plumbing standpoint) or is this going to be a big deal? The other idea I have is to frame out the wall - not my first choice. What's the best solution?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Plumbing 1.jpg
    Plumbing 1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Plumbing 2.jpg
    Plumbing 2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 201

BLD

Reaction score
Oh, and to add to my heartburn, if the new mixing valve is centered into the wall framing, it will have an arm going through a stud. See picture.

Attachments

• Plumbing 3.jpg
    Plumbing 3.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 272
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks