Plumbing apprenticeship books

Users who are viewing this thread

fdiddy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a tradesperson in my mid 30s. I've been an electrical red seal for a decade and I've just begun an auto tech apprenticeship. Obviously, I'm a very curious individual. The last two apprenticeships on my bucket list are plumbing and welding. I've come to the realization that apprenticeships in building trades are easier when you're younger. After I complete a decade or so of auto mechanics, my body might balk at the thought of starting a plumbing apprenticeship.
Instead, I would like to get a good idea of the theory taught at trade school. What I'm most interested in is rural residential systems, wells and pumps, fluid dynamics, math for fixture units/pipe sizing etc, DWV - more scientific knowledge.
When I was doing my electrical preapp, I had these awful spiral bound modules produced by the province of BC, and I was wondering what similar resources are available for plumbing apprentices. I've been through the Black and Decker/HD plumbing 1-2-3 books, but that's not really what I'm after.
Hey, if you have some ten year old modules lying around that you don't need, I'll pay to have them shipped to me!....
Thanks for the insight.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks