Plumbers putty for gap under plastic ring?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by robertlieu, Feb 25, 2018.

1. robertlieu

robertlieu New Member

I'm installing the Pfister Conemptra Widespread Faucet. The instructions don't say anything about plumbers putty, but the handles and spout come with metal washers (with thin black foam glued underneath) and plastic rings for the bottom.

My left handle looks sealed tight but my right handle has a bit of a gap between the thin gray plastic ring and the sink; should I put some plumbers putty between the plastic ring and sink to fill in the gap?

[​IMG]

2. dj2

dj2 In the Trades

This plastic ring must be larger than the sink hole, so loosen the left side a bit, then slide the right side until the plastic ring completely coves the hole in the sink and tighten both sides.

Michael Young likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Michael Young likes this.